Custom Blog Examples
Give Users A Reason To Come Back To Your Updated Website - Add a Blog.
What is a blog?
A blog (short for web log) is a website that is easy to publish content to. They have frequent commentary added by the blog owner on a specific subject. Blogs have interactive abilities that allow users to comment on the regularly updated content. This sparks a community of users interested in the same subjects, returning users and trusted content.
We use an open source blog format called WordPress. We customize the blog to fit your company brand needs.
Why should I have a blog?
A blog can be a great tool for creating returning and loyal readers. It allows you to showcase your knowledge of your niche and include others who are interested in the same subject. Having a blog is a simple way to market your company, get to know your clients and create updated content (which search engines like).
Get your blog!
A blog can be added to your site like we have added one to the BWD site or we can even create a blog and personalize it to be your website as we have done for The Spinners.
Get blogging! Call us: 406.837.3334
What will you need from me?
- Determine your initial set of Categories (how you want to categorize your postings)
- You can add more later, but this is a good starting place for us to set up the blog for you.
- Determine permissions and users
- You may choose to have more than one person as a contributor to your Blog.
- Determine username, password and permissions for each of those persons. (you can add and change these later, but we can set them up initially for you
- A user may have Contributor access only, or full Administrative permissions.
- Determine the email address that Blog notifications will come to
- When new posts are added, and when new public comments are made on the blog, an email is sent to an address of your choice.
- We recommend setting up a special email address just for this purpose, to help you track your Blog emails efficiently.
- Determine your preference for comments
- You may choose to allow the viewing public to comment on your blog posts or not
- If you choose to allow comments, determine who will monitor these.
- Begin with a few Blog articles before we go live with your site
- Your Blog page will look better and more professionally prepared if it begins with some content.
- Promote your new Blog
- Be ready to send an email or newsletter to all of your customers, friends and relatives to announce your new feature and get people in the habit of reading and visiting